Your Unique Opportunity to Learn, Network and Grow:
- Be inspired and learn alongside other highly motivated EYFS colleagues
- Receive 2 full-days NCETM Accredited training and ‘Standard’ Holder (Highest level of award from the ‘National Centre for Excellence in Teaching Maths’)
- Gain certification on completion of Masterclass training
- Engage in exciting gap-tasks to action and sustain learning between days 1 and 2
- Receive a free planning and resource book full of ideas and approaches to sustain changes following masterclass
- Enjoy delicious refreshments and lunches on both days in an inspiring setting (Worcestershire Wildlife Trust)
Modules You’ll Cover in Our Masterclass:
1. Creating a Mathematically Enabling Environment
- The Physical Environment: Why ‘Maths Areas’ don’t work and how to instead embed maths learning throughout your setting both inside and out
- The Emotional Environment: Why so children can’t learn effectively (yet). How can we ensure every child feels confident to participate and learn both together and alone? What are the key features of an emotionally secure learning environment and how can we best provide this?
2. Teaching Counting and Early Number:
- Why there’s so much more to learning about number than counting and number recognition! Learn what and how to change.
- Numbers are made of other numbers! Why subitising needs a place in your teaching everyday and how it will enable ALL children develop deep conceptual understanding of ‘part/whole’, ‘equal parts’ and ‘unequal parts’
- How to engage parents and families in supporting early number acquisition and positive attitudes about maths
- Teaching maths through the immediate environment creating exciting and meaningful contexts for children to enjoy learning through
3. Teaching Early Calculation and Fluency
- How to teach maths through well-loved stories! Enjoyable and meaningful to both the children and you. Learn ways to connect your English/Literacy work to maths meaning there’s less to learn and less to plan for.
- How to teach early place value and ‘teen’ numbers in a completely new way which will simplify learning and mean it is attainable for ALL children
- Experience the phenomenally exciting ‘100 Project’ in its third year in an award-winning EYFS setting in the UK and its impact upon staff and children’s learning in maths
- Using the ‘Concrete, Pictorial, Abstract’ approach to create ‘concept images’ in children’s minds (rather than just digit images) enabling them to calculate efficiently and fluently now and in the future